2023 Health Careers Boot Camp
Harrison County Community Hospital offers students the opportunity to explore the many occupations available in health care. Health Careers Boot Camp will be held July 17-21 at the hospital in Bethany. Students who will be high school juniors and seniors in Fall 2023 are eligible to apply for the program.
The program is designed for students who think they have an interest in an occupation in the health or medical field or are trying to identify their careers interests. During the five-day experience, students selected for the program will
- job shadow in several clinical departments at the hospital
- learn about non-clinical job opportunities in health care such as IT and business functions.
- gain valuable experience about working in a professional setting.
- complete daily journal entries to reflect on what they have learned.
- earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program.
The Health Careers Boot Camp is funded by the Howard and Leah Trullinger Scholarship Fund, which is administered by the Harrison County Community Hospital Foundation.
Students who complete the Boot Camp will now be eligible to receive a $1,000 renewable scholarship for continuing education!
The fillable application is available for download HERE
The application deadline is May 1, 2023.