Students Invited to Apply for Health Careers Boot Camp
Harrison County Community Hospital is offering a new opportunity for students to explore the many occupations available in health care. The first Health Careers Boot Camp will be held June 3-7 at the hospital in Bethany. Students who will be high school juniors or seniors in Fall 2019 are eligible to apply for the program.
The program is designed for students who think they have an interest in an occupation in the health or medical field or are trying to identify their career interests. During the five-day experience, students selected for the program will
- job shadow in several clinical departments at the hospital.
- learn about non-clinical job opportunities in health care such as IT and business functions.
- gain valuable experience about working in a professional setting.
- complete daily journal entries to reflect on what they have learned.
- earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program.
The Health Careers Boot Camp is funded by the Howard & Leah Trullinger Scholarship Fund, which is administered by the Harrison County Community Hospital Foundation.
The fillable application here available for download HERE.
The application deadline is May 6, 2019.